Thursday, February 6, 2014

Share my bed

I can't wait till the day that I fall asleep in my bed after a long tiring day. With no insecurities to make me wonder if you're coming home that night. I know you'll be coming home. My breathing heavy and my lids sealed shut. All tucked into my white linen sheets.

You'll come home to me. Open that room door and stop in a moment to look at me. You'll smile and head for the bathroom to wash up. Then, depending on the weather; maybe you'll decide against a shirt. Lift the quilt covers and start climbing into bed beside me.

As the light sleeper I am, I'll slowly open my eyes in hopes of catching a glimpse of you through my heavy lids. You're still a vision to me as I am to you. I too, need that moment to stare. You smile that beautiful smile at me.

Finally, you climb in beside me and nudge me to my side of the bed. And as you have to do so often, you pull the covers over both of us and start whispering in my ear, "It's not your bed dear, it's our bed."

And I am reminded once again that I no longer have to ask you to share my bed, because it is now our bed. Our bed that we will share for as long as we both shall live. As husband and wife. As one being in Holy Matrimony. One day, this will be us.

I love you Jason Lee Jia Wei, I always will <3

No comments:

Post a Comment