Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Car Rides

He shows the most affection when he drives.

I used to get mad at how he would ignore me when we were out together. We could be walking an entire mall and he would forget to hold my hand. We could be alone in a room and he would be on his computer or phone. But it is when I am in his car, sitting on the passenger seat do I realise his extent of love for me.

Let me explain.

I believe that he has a lot on his mind. It is always working 24/7. When we are out on a date, he's thinking about whether he has enough time to finish his latest assignment. When we are alone in his room, his need to complete a task will take him away from me; mind and body.

But when he is driving, he is relaxed. His focus is on the road, and subconsciously on me. I don't think he notices this but he never ceases to touch me in the subtlest of ways when he is driving. The rest of his hand on my lap, the way he intertwines his fingers with mine when I'm not looking. He has even held my hand from one destination to the next, driving with only his right hand on the steering wheel. (Although I do not condone this no matter how sweet the gesture.) Sometimes, I lay my head on his shoulder or his lap. It's comfortable. He strokes my hair as I lay there in slumber. I don't mind that my hair gets messy. He touches his fingers to my cheek like it's a delicate flower petal. I feel myself smile each time. I know he is looking at me. Really looking at me. Not that his focus is not on the road, but he shows his true affection during our car rides. I wouldn't mind going on road trips and endless car rides with him by my side. I cannot wait for the day that reality gives us a break and we can live and breathe without a worry in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment