Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hello May

So... I'm in the midst of my second semester and I think everything is going well. There's so much uncertainty lately I'm not even sure if everything is supposedly "fine".

Enough with the self pity. It's almost the end of the first week of May. Time sure does fly by, huh? Like I said previously, I'm focusing on family, friends and studies. Everything is on track, which makes it a little weird for me, really. I don't want drama in my life, trust me. I had enough of that in my first semester. But if I were to be honest, I can always find some form of drama somewhere in my life. The difference now is, I've learnt how to handle difficult situations better. At least I think I have...

I admit, I let a recent realization get to me a little. My so called previous "relationship"? Yeah, I found out he moved on. Upon knowing this, I thought to myself: Part of the reason we decided to part ways was because he was leaving the country in July. So, what is he doing with someone else in Malaysia? This just confirmed for me the liar he really was. Don't get me wrong, I've forgiven him for not being the best person there for me. I've moved on from him. But I have to say that I haven't fully moved on from the decisions I made in the past. Especially the decision to actually pursue something with someone like him. Like I said before, he's not a bad person, but he isn't the best person. And he definitely was not good for me. I learned my lesson there at least.

Another recent interesting event that happened had to do with my friends embarrassing me. So, I pointed to a guy I thought was cute in the college cafeteria like my friends so often make me do. Before I knew it, they went over there to talk to him, embarrassing me into the next century. What happened next was worse than you can imagine. He refused to come over and talk to me despite my friends' unrelenting pursuing that he do just that. They came back with the so called "bad news" and all I could think was to hide my face and apologize for the harassment I just put that poor boy through. My friends just have to understand that I'll be ready for a relationship when the time comes and things like this cannot be pushed or forced. Oh! The cute guy's name is Sam! Can you believe it?:P Here comes the good news... He replied to my Facebook apology message and made my day! I still think he's cute by the way. Hehe;)

Assignments are piling up. Due dates are getting closer. I'm worrying but I know nothing is impossible with Him in my life. A new friend reminded me of Jeremiah 29:11 just yesterday. I really needed that reminder, so thank you :)

Looking forward to a better month ahead, not that April was bad. April was fairly kind to me actually and I thank God for that :) My May wish? For God to show me the plans which he has in store for me. I really don't want to be making anymore decisions without praying about it first, without knowing that this is what God really wants me to do. I just joined KDU's Christian Fellowship and I'm really looking forward to my first meeting on Wednesday. God truly is good in so many ways, and I'm just glad I get to worship Him wherever I am. Even in college :)

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment