Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The adventures of Brenda and Directions

"Are you staying back today?"


Thank you Yi Qian's mom for fetching us all to lunch. (Andrew, Tzekwang, Brenda, I and Yiqian of course) Lunch was good. Just right. And the random table topics that came up were cool too. Reminiscing about life as a Primary school student was.... interesting. Right Mr. I sweared words I didn't even understand? Fakta-fakta and Permuafakatan were very important words in our topic of discussion, no? Haha. Anyway, the adventure starts with a search for Seventeen Magazine(August issue!) ;)


"Maybe there'll be more magazine selling shops down the road."

We went to a total of 2/3 SevenElevens and another few magazine/junk food shops. No 17Mag. Humph. Following the path down from Yu Yiee restaurant, she found herself just opposite Damansara Utama. *Gulp* "I see and overhead bridge...."


Walking up those slippery steel steps so high above the ground... Ahhh... *I was definitely screaming on the inside* Thank God Brenda read my mind and started praying as we took the last few steps to the top. "Now, all we have to do is walk across this extremely high bridge to get to the other side of the road." ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM   I looked down, so. high. up. so. many. cars. so. scary! "Don't worry Sam, I've used this bridge many times before."

"But I'm scared of heights!" "So am I," she replies. *FAST FORWARD*  "Phew!! I never knew how great my fear of heights were till now." I bet she laughed at me on the inside :/


Need... to find.... that magazine shop yifen told her about. (Carefully) cross this road, cross that road. See this landmark, remember that landmark. And then, we come across this shop lot filled with just magazines. (No, it was not the one yifen had suggested) But it was THERE. 17MAGAZINE!! There you are!!

No, we did not go straight back to school. We stopped... at... a DVD store. And bought... 4  6 DVDs in total. Hehe;)
Let me see... they were:
  • Letters to Juliet <3
  • Flipped (Old but good)
  • Pride and Prejudice (Legendary)
  • Waters for Elephants (Recommended)
  • Soul Surfer (Inspiring)
  • You Again (Funny, chick flick, which we are watching tmr at my place;))
We took some time there, yes. Who wouldn't? It was air-conditioned! :P  Then we started walking back to school. Brenda, a little unsure if she was going the right way, stopped and did a double take with a friendly face. Then we were off.

Green obstacle alert! Tree branches everywhere. People cutting down more tree branches. Our way was literally blocked. I was thinking of taking another road in the housing area but Brenda said the roads were tricky and we could get lost. "We'd been doing so well so far, I am not getting lost now!" And how nice were the workers to MOVE THE TREE BRANCHES for us. YAY!!! We got passed that obstacle and every 10 steps, we would say "We're almost there!"

One step. Two steps. We're home in school. Yippee! For me, the adventure didn't end until I got to the bathroom. And then that was THE END for me.

-Hoped you liked reading about mine and Brenda's journey on a typical Wednesday. Did I mention? Brenda did not scream the whole way there, and the whole way back. Especially when crossing the roads;) And for me to put my trust in her and let her lead the way, was not a very big risk at all. I trusted her and see how well things turned out:) We were back in one piece, safe and sound.

Thanks mom for watching over us:)

3 comments:

  1. Oh so THAT's why you didn't get back to Yu Yiee before I left. Haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, i wanna go on an adventure too! but it wouldnt be as fun, cause i'd know my directions :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha fen... We'll see if we get the oppprtunity again next time;)

    ReplyDelete