"It's in the way he touches me; the subtle things he does that don't go unnoticed by me. I know what he's doing. He's not doing it to hurt me. He's doing it because there's a part of him that hurts too. How can I possibly be mad at him for that? How can I fault him for having a heart?"
"You can't be 100% certain he has a heart. Look at what he's done to you. Remember the tears, remember the appetite loss, remember the sleepless nights."
"Do you think I've forgotten all of that? Not a day goes by that I don't remember what heartache feels like; what that particular heartache felt like. It's his eyes. I've remembered those eyes. That's one thing he can't hide from me. I still have access to those eyes, at least while he's still here. He may talk a lot, but his eyes say more to me than he will ever know. I know. I know how he feels. He's not heartless."


No comments:
Post a Comment