"Please let that be our homework..." I was thinking to myself.
"Okay class. Choose one and write," said Puan Nurliza.
YES!! Here were our choices:
- My Dream
- Beauty
- Music
- Formula One
- Tsunami
- Friendship
When my eyes are closed shut, and it's dark all around. That's when I dream. When I think about my dream, I do not think about my future, or what I plan to become. I think of the play of images that appear every now and then when I'm asleep. Some dreams more fictional than others. Some dreams are so real, they're hard to differentiate from reality.
The dream I proudly call my dream is an unforgettable one. It involves some fiction, but the characters are ever so real.
The sky was dark, but I felt safe. Why? Because I was in her arms. My mother's arms. We were tucked away safely in my parents' bedroom, under the covers of the bed. She was holding me tight against her body as she rocked me back and forth, occasionally stroking my hair back, away form my forehead.
The sky grew darker. Thunder started to roar. Lightning started to strike. A big storm arose and I was shaking from head to toe. "Shhh.... Everything will be alright. I'm here with you," my mother whispered in my ear. My heartbeat slowed to a steadier pace, and soon I was relaxed again. Then, something striked me as strange. Where were my father and sister?
"They're alright baby. They're safe. I need to take care of you now," said my mother. I made a small whimper and closed my eyes. I leaned back against my mother and soon fell asleep in her arms. When I awoke, I came face-to-face with the boy who broke my heart. The scenery of the dream had changed and I was now standing in the house where Arthur broke my heart. His house. The thing is, I was not alone. She was there with me. My mother was there with me, holding my hand. "Go ahead, tell him how you feel," she said. So I did. After I did, a smile appeared on my face and all the pain of that memorable heartbreak disappeared. My mother turned me around to face her and smiled. Suddenly, the scenery around us changed again.
We were now standing in front of my school. My mother was holding me by my shoulders. I realised that I was holing my PMR results in my hands. I stared at it, already knowing what was stated. 3A's and 4B's. I looked up at my mother that was only a few inches taller than me with tears in my eyes. "Why are you crying dear? I am so proud of you. You did your best. You and I both know you were meant to be an art student, to pursue your passion for writing," she said while staring me in the eyes, giving me the reassurance I needed. At that moment, I knew everything was going to be alright.
"Now, close your eyes and awake from this dream," said my mother. We were now back in my parents' bedroom. Sitting on the bed. The storm had long passed and in it's place, a clear and bright sky. Just before my dream ended, my mother said to me,"I will carry you through any storm. Remember that. Even when I'm not there with you in person, I will always be there with you in spirit. I love you."
My mother is and always will be my ideal dream. A dream sent down to me from heaven:)
That's my essay. I love you so much mummy!:) Thank you for always watching over me.
No comments:
Post a Comment