Must he be perfect? Flawless? Of course not! But somehow, I just pictured him that way. I've always seen myself as a future housewife, with a good, faithful husband and a few children. Emphasis on the good, faithful husband;) There is no doubt that I have thought about who I'm going to marry someday. Sometimes, I even dream about my future husband in detail. Recently, he has appeared in my dreams almost every night.
Tall, dark and handsome. I didn't expect to dream up a cliche for a husband, but that is how he showed himself to me in my dreams. Hazel-colored eyes that were emphasized by a pair of double eyelids and long eyelashes every girl dreamt of having. A perfectly placed nose in the center of his face and a smile that would melt any girls' heart. Ears that were the perfect size, unhidden by a boyish haircut that made you want to mess up his unmoving dark brown locks.
"Honey! I'm home," my future husband would say as he walked through the door of our cottage-like house.
I could never believe how blessed I was to be married to such a masterpiece by God. Beautiful on the outside and even more so on the inside. With a sincere and willing heart, he would do anything if just for the sake of making someone smile. I would be by my husband's side one hundred percent, knowing what kind of man he was. Trusting him to make the difficult decisions for our family. I would have faith in him to know what was best for him and myself.
Endless conversations between my future husband and I. Even in silence, only comfort would be found between us. No awkward feelings whatsoever. Every night before bed, secrets and endearments would be exchanged. Even our arguments would be short, letting our love overshadow our disagreements. We would never forget every special moment spent together, from the time we first met, to the days when we grow old together.
Our marriage would be based on our faith, which we both must take seriously. Never leaving God out of our life together. That is exactly how we would raise our children. He would be a loving father, treating our children with respect and full adoration. He would not spoil them, but give them everything they needed, not wanted. At the same time, giving them all the love he has to give. I would watch my husband and children from a distance with pride, unable to hide the glow in my eyes and the grin on my face.
My future husband would hold me any time of day, whenever I needed him. Whether I had tears in my eyes or have just had a bad day. Wrapping my arms around him, my head would fit perfectly above his broad shoulders and against his firm neck. Forever breathing in the fresh male scent of him that would remind me, "This is my husband." He would be my rock, my shelter.
My imagination may run wild sometimes, especially when you ask me to picture my future husband. As you can see, I have done more than just picture him. I don't believe that he is just a dream that can never be found in reality. My future husband is out there, somewhere. I must have faith that I will find him someday, or maybe, just maybe, have him find me:)
You've learned well from all the romance books and chick-lit you've read :P in both writing style and content :)
ReplyDelete