Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bad move

Okay. So you know how I like posting up essays I've written in class or in my English exams? Yeah.... I can't do that this time. Here are my reasons:


  1. The essay in itself wasn't a very interesting one. I think it's my most cliche/boring essay yet. I'm usually happy and content with the things I write, but not this time. 
  2. I was having the flu throughout the examination. And guess what? It only happened during the exam. Before and after, "Nope, nothing wrong with me. I feel perfectly fine." What a situation to be in, don't you think? I used up 3 packets of tissue in total throughout Paper 1 and 2. I had it worse during Paper 1 by the way. And if you didn't know, Paper 1 is where I had to write my 2 essays. Booo....
  3. I was a little frustrated when writing my essays. "Construction? Really? At this time? When I'm trying my hardest to finally achieve my very first A+, on my favourite subject, knowing my teacher most likely won't give me the marks I deserve no matter how hard I try? REALLY?!"
  4. Inspiration? "Nada" I tried to think back on what Brenda Ueland said about inspiration, but I just couldn't. In the state I was in? I was surprised I actually finished the paper.
  5. Lastly, and this is THE MOST important reason of all, I used real characters' names again. If you knew me well enough, you'd realize that I don't really like playing any other role in my essays other than myself. I'm always the teenage girl going through something. About the characters. The names I used were as real as can be. Real people in my life whose names I used to my advantage. I also didn't change who those names were. I had a fictional story with non-fictional characters. So, this essay just became very personal. I don't think I'd be able to let anybody but my closest friends read it. Unless I change all the names and rewrite it, but that wouldn't be original now would it?
I guess, I brought most of this upon myself. Especially on that last note. To make up for it, I promise to write down all my inspirations right here, after my exams of course;) I need to improve and practice makes progress right? ( I don't believe in perfection because only God is perfect, so practice for me, makes PROGRESS!) More stories to come from the girl who messed up her English Examination Paper.

I can do this, mummy!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment