Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Say You Like Me

The simple story of boy and girl. What is the story though? Please tell me. Since you're not saying anything significant, I'm going to go ahead and tell my story. 


She finally does it. She's brave enough to say something. To basically talk to him. She second-guesses herself, but only for a little while. Then, she goes ahead and does it. She talks to him. She makes the first move, but all the while, she's unsure of what she wants. So, she starts a friendship. 'The Friendship' that would throw all sorts of unexpected turns at her, or maybe, just her heart.
"I Like You"
That's all she can think about when she's having a simple conversation with him. Looking up at him, and into those eyes that mesmerize her beyond comprehension.

Is he hinting something? How is she supposed to know? She has about as much experience as a ten-year-old girl with a crush.
"I started this," she says to herself. "Would he actually continue it?"
"What is he thinking about?" she will never know, unless he says something.
She has so many doubts and she's brought all of them upon herself. I think she's looking to him for answers. Not all the answers. Just some. Give her some...


I think this song sums up my simple boy-girl story. Sometimes, I feel like I'm the boy in the story, but I know that I'm not and never will be. I'm the girl. The girl that keeps hoping and wishing on shooting stars, birthday candles.



"Say You Like Me"

If you like me, then say you like me.
I won't give up if you don't.



What do you think, mummy?

No comments:

Post a Comment