"I'm doing this for me," she says to herself. "No one else..."
The weather doesn't look promising, but that is why she decided to go out in the first place. Brushing her hair away from her face, she hangs her head and says, "Is he coming for me? Because I know he loves me, but I just can't feel it."
She takes just a few more steps, and stops short in front of a soft patch of grass, spread out in front of her. She slowly collapses onto the grass and breaths even harder, "I can no longer live like this, he's suffocating me."She lays back on the grass, unable to open her eyes any longer, she drifts off to sleep.
When she awakens, she can barely see anything. Blinking her eyes, trying to make out her surroundings... Then, she sees him. "What are you running from?" he asks quietly, just loud enough for her to hear.
"You. I'm running from you. Why did you come for me?"
Covering his face with both his hands, he sits down beside her on the grass. She sits up and bravely pushes herself a little closer to him. "I need you. I've always needed you," she whispers quietly to herself.
Apparently he heard her, because a few seconds later she hears him say, "You don't need someone like me in your life, trust me."
She gets up and starts to walk away. Just when her first tear touches her cheek, she feels a hand wrap around her arm. "No! I won't let you go. This ends here. I won't let you run anymore, especially from me."
"Say it, just say it..." she thinks to herself.
"You're mine. You're the only one for me. You will forever be a part of me, and no matter what my past says about me, I'm gonna try for the sake of us, to be a better man. Because I love you."
Turning herself to face him, with tears in her eyes, she says, "No more running..."
Wiping her tears with his thumb, then bringing her forehead to his, he says "No more running... Because you're mine, and I'm never letting you go again."
Yeah yeah. I like writing short stories like this. If I had the time, I would have a longer short story. And more than just a few, definitely! My inspiration comes from my dreams mostly, because my reality isn't that interesting. But sometimes, I like to add a little bit of my reality into my stories. I just have to wait and see what God's plan for me is. My thoughts and habit of over-thinking definitely helps my dreams be more interesting. Sometimes, it is a blessing to have inspirations like this one, but here's a quote about inspiration I'd like to share...
“I learned...that inspiration does not come like a bolt, nor is it kinetic, energetic striving, but it comes into us slowly and quietly and all the time, though we must regularly and every day give it a little chance to start flowing, prime it with a little solitude and idleness.”
― Brenda Ueland
Has my writing improved, mummy?:)
This is also for you Thomas.
No comments:
Post a Comment