I finally have something to blog about. I actually had a lot on my mind I wanted to say, but never thought was appropriate for my blog.
"Sam, you look really pretty today" -Nic Ian
"Woah" -Nic Phang
*The Nics in my life :]*
First and foremost, I am finally a confirmed Catholic! From the pretty white dress to the overly done-up hair. It's all done. Confirmation classes have ended. No more early Sunday mornings, besides church services of course. No more seeing my awesome church friends every Sunday besides the occasional youth meetings of Lifeteen and bump-ins at church. (I'll post pictures up soon!)
I attended my first barbecue party. I was the only girl. No, it wasn't a trap. Yes, I got teased a little. But all in all, the boys were nice and accepting of my presence. I had fun! No awkwardness, good food... What more could I ask for in a party? ;)
New friends come at the oddest moments in your life. Sometimes, you don't even know how they find their way into your heart or when exactly they start becoming important to you. I think it's the moment you share a proper conversation together. When you imagine the other person's emotions when a story is told, when an experience is shared. I'm experiencing that right now, with 2 amazing guys. 2 new friends. One I've known longer than the other, but know less about. The other a new comer to my life, but we have in common the death of a parent. It's 2 very different friendships, relationships. But I'm willing to venture into it. What's the harm? For all I know, God put them in my life for a reason. Let's just hope I don't end up ignoring other friends in the process.
Upcoming post: My Exam Essay "Nothing" (2nd highest score in class)

No comments:
Post a Comment