Monday, October 31, 2011

Grow up Sam!

Who said you get to stay young forever? Look at me now, do I look like a kid to you? A child maybe? I am a sixteen-year-old girl learning to make the right decisions in life. I have to think so hard before making a move, but that doesn't mean I'm prone to mistakes either. Oh quite the contrary, I make mistakes like a dog chasing it's tail. Over and over again. I do learn though.... eventually;) Yikes! Am I really sixteen? Do you believe it? I guess it's better than being 21, though I was mistaken for that age just a couple of days ago. I'm not that tall people!! Neither do I look that old, I think:/

I guess I should thank God that there is no boy in my life to distract me further. Besides, it seems to be every teenage girl's nightmare. A boy they can't stop thinking about...etc. I like boys, don't get me wrong, but I feel like I'm always waiting. For the right one? I don't know. For anyone, maybe. Nah... I guess I do have pretty high standards when it comes down to it. Guard your heart or have it broken, right? Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know. Still growing up, remember? Sometimes I just wish I knew if there was someone special out there that was thinking about me, and that I could possibly like back too. Doesn't look like that's gonna happen anytime soon though. So as a teenage girl with hormones I can't seem to understand, I'm gonna wait patiently for my turn. Though this wait seems to be pretty long...

My studies. Boy, does that subject come up often. I'm actually thinking about college and it's not just cause I want to anymore, it's cause I have to! If you just so happen to be younger than I am, and you're reading this, don't think you have a lot of time! Trust me, I'm not one to give out any kind of advice but just when you think to yourself "I'm still young," you're gonna lose it! Decisions are inevitable. Just like growing up is inevitable. There is no time machine. There is no stopping time. I'm no math genius and I don't like numbers, but I know this for a fact. My brain often goes into overdrive. Do you know that I think for about an hour every night about absolutely anything and everything before I finally fall asleep? My slumber is very important to me, thank you. I love sleep.

I also love to dream when I sleep, even if it means that I'm not 100% asleep and I'd most probably still be tired in the morning, I love to dream. Though lately, my dreams have been nightmares, to me that is. They're not literally scary, but they are emotionally. If dreams are really supposed to mean something, I'm afraid to analyse any of the dreams I've been having. No, I'm not gonna tell you about it:P I just wanted to say that, don't be like me. I have taken my dreams seriously waaayyy too many times. That's what brings me to over-think everything. From my reality to my dreams. Combine those 2 together and you sure have a lot to think about! Sometimes, I think my over-thinking ways are driving me crazy. I'm pretty sure I'm just a little bit crazy already, but aren't we all.

Sometimes, I just have to learn to take deep breaths and think about nothing at all. Ahhhh, who am I kidding. My one way to not think about myself and everything I'm associated with is to read storybooks. I like to engross myself in someone else's life. And guess what? Storybook characters aren't real, so you really aren't harming anybody. Don't try this on any real people of course, that just makes you nosey. "Why don't you focus on your life," they say. "I would but I think it's driving me crazy," I (don't) say. So storybooks help me. Even if the romantic parts make me go awww and then I crave someone special by my side. I just have to deal with it.

Wow, that was a mouthful. I really do like having a blog and ranting all my thoughts onto it. Whether you read it or not, is your choice. *sighs*

This is Sam, saying "I'm growing up, deal with it!"

I'm a big girl now, aren't I, mummy?:)

1 comment:

  1. Sam,u r only 16. Enjoy your life with friends and not just one friend. u have lotsa time for that when you are in your 20s! trust me ! when that time is right you will be spoilt for choice :-D

    ReplyDelete