Saturday, December 17, 2011

A friend like you

So, I come back home from another long day and have so many ideas for my blog. But all those 'ideas' go out the window when 3 conversations pop up on my Facebook page. 3 very different conversations. 3 very different friends. 3 solid reasons to have faith in miracles. 3 gifts from God. 

Gift No. 1
Rayshell Wong Rui En
"I can't find anyone else that understands me the way you do. We're so different, yet so alike. You light up my day with your contagious laughter, your uncontrollable hype and silliness. On the other hand, you warm my heart with your words of reassurance, your patience, and most of all, your love. I can tell you anything under any circumstance. Even when my sentences are all jumbled up and I go on and on about my troubles and confused thoughts, you hear me out till the end. To top it all off, you know the words to say that speak right to my heart. You make sense of everything in my world, and I can't understand how I do the same for you as you've said. I will cherish your love and friendship always. I truly love you and you're better than any Christmas gift I've ever gotten."

Gift No. 2
Lim Yi Fen
"My beautiful friend. What some people don't see, is the beauty inside of you. You've been misunderstood a few times and I'm sorry if I haven't always been there for you. You shine with positive energy and you also have the patience I long to have. You hide your feelings often a little too well, and I wish you'd share more with me. I'm not a friend that'll last many years, I'm your friend that will last forever. I'm forever and always here. Remember that. Get that into your head, because well, you've found your way into my heart and I'm not letting you go! I love you Fen and don't ever think I'll leave you alone, ever."
Gift No. 3
Andrew Foong Yue Kwang
"You're a very special gift. A very precious gift to be exact. Our friendship has always come easy, but that doesn't mean that we didn't have our ups and downs. We had ups and downs I didn't even know could go up and down. But you handled it with such grace only a real man can possess. You're not just the nerd, you're not just the fast-learning guitar player, you're not just the add math genius... You're the nerd who can comfort me, the guitar player who can teach me, and the genius who can love me. You're a friend like I've never had. No one else is like you and your new found confidence makes me proud. To watch you grow makes me proud. I will always look up to you, not only cause you're taller than me, but because I have so much to learn from you. I really do love you and calling you my friend, is the biggest honor of all."












If you think these are the only 3 gifts God has given me in my 16 years of life, you are very wrong. I have so much more to be thankful for. So many more amazing people in my life that I'd trust with anything secret I have. How can I trust so many with my secrets? Well, let's just say that while everyone is unique and beautiful in their own way, my friends, to me, are unique and beautiful in a way that gives them the ownership of a little piece of my heart. Always and forever. So while they have my heart, why not let them have my secrets too? I trust them, I truly do. These 3 gifts are the first of many gifts I wanna share with the rest of the world. Because, why should I be so blessed with these people and not show them off to the rest of the world? (Well, the rest of the world that visits my blog that is;))

I do have a lot of love to give, but my love doesn't go out easily either. Although these friends make it easy for me to love them, our friendships weren't always perfect. Another thing about me that may come shocking to you is that, I do have trust issues. But with all this love around me, how can I not learn how to trust? I am still learning to trust because I believe there are more people out there that need to be given a chance. A chance to be trusted. A chance to be loved, and a chance to love back.

God has truly been great to me. Blessing me with gifts this grand. And it's not even Christmas yet! The biggest thing he did for me isn't this though. Remember the true meaning of Christmas? Christ before Christmas. It's not gifts we're celebrating, it's our Lord Jesus Christ's birth we're celebrating. How great is our God to give us an example like Jesus? To give us His Son.

Please open your eyes this Christmas. Look out for the real gifts in your life, just like the gifts I hold dear to my heart. I would like to share many more of my blessings with you, but this is all from me for now. I'll share more later;)

Mommy, you were a gift to me too. You will always be the greatest mommy to me. And I'm happy I got to be a gift to you too. On the 20th of March 1995, you saw me as a blessing. Well mommy, I see you as a blessing too! :) I know you're with Him now, and I know you're watching over me. Thanks again mommy!

2 comments:

  1. Samantha!

    Thank you so much for this early Christmas present! :) Here's just to let you know; you've been a fantastic gift to me as well, and I thank God for having you as a friend; more than any worldly gift someone could give me :) And I look up to you as well, like Heidy said, there's so much love in you, and I hope you can keep being the living testimony you are to everyone you meet! And I'm sure Shell, Fen and everyone else you thought of count you a blessing as well. Let's keep up the Gospel partnership :)

    God bless you, Merry (early) Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could express myself so freely as you do too. Especially to people outside my family. I hope I'm not trespassing. But just to tell you, it makes me happy to see others appreciated and made happy. I hope that I can touch the lives of others too, even through the smallest things, I'n happy you have such good friends that you can trust=)

    ReplyDelete