Sunday, December 4, 2011

To a land far far away

I have to take another break from blogging. Nooooo!!! Haha:D I really do love the freedom to write, speak my mind. Guess where I'm going tomorrow? I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with King Kong. Well, not really. Hehe:) Hong Kong, get ready to have me grace your land!! I am so full of myself sometimes ;)

I'll be back on the 10th and hopefully be inspired enough to blog about something interesting. I actually have something really eye-opening I wish to share with all my dedicated readers, I just don't have the time to blog about it tonight. So, I'll tell you in brief. My church and I did this PIHD program where we had to visit many poor people's homes and interview them. The interviews were mainly about their living situations and we learnt a lot by just listening to these people's stories. Do you understand how fortunate you are? Do you ever count your blessings? Thank God for your life for that matter? I could have cried if I let myself, but I didn't.


This first home we visited was in a very kampung area. It wasn't pretty to say the least.

These are the 3 boys who inspired me the most. Their smile made my day. 6, 8 and 12.

They have a 17-year old brother who's determined on becoming an accountant. The 8-year-old on my left also wants to become and accountant. But the 6 and 12-year-old said they want to become 'polis'

I have a different idea for the 12-year-old though. When I was sitting with him, he said this to me 
"I can draw lotus" and he went on to draw me a beautiful picture of a lotus. I know I'm being a bit unfair to the other boys but I truly loved his drawing the best. He knew his way around the color-pencil. He knew how to shade from dark to light and even outline his drawing. I don't know why, but that showed me that God works in mysterious ways. By giving him a gift that I hope he pursues in the future, no matter what obstacle he and his family are facing at the moment. Oh, he also confessed to Acing art in school ;) Of course he Aced Art!
G.Jayaraj
You're going to be famous someday;)
Despite language barriers, hours of driving around Sentul and tireless interviewing, this truly was an eye-opener for me. And I hope it was for you too. I think everyone should experience what I experienced today, and really stop taking God's blessings for granted. Ps, don't forget to pray for these wonderful people okay? 

I'll see you readers when I get back. Pray for journey mercies and that I don't fall sick this time around. See you in 6 days!

Be with us, mummy! It won't be any fun without you...

No comments:

Post a Comment