Saturday, December 24, 2011

Lost in the lights

My head is clearer now. Having overprotective friends, watching my back twenty-four/seven. Whenever I'm in danger of doing something stupid, something impulsive, they're always there to talk some sense into me. I know, what's life without mistakes right? But what if there were some mistakes you could avoid? Some really big regrets you could avoid having? 

"Half of my heart has a grip on the situation"

"What do you mean by you're attracted to him?"
She was lost in the magic of it all. The stolen moments they shared. No, it wasn't like that. What they did together... Planning charity projects together, sharing family secrets, stressing out together to make sure each plan turned out perfect, sharing a cup of water out of exhaustion, admiring the less fortunate and being grateful together. How blessed they were. Learning to appreciate the little things they had. 

"Is he a good influence on you?"
There seems to be two sides to everyone. There is no exception to him. On one hand, he is the one that took his responsibilities seriously. He cared about everyone and everything around him. He showed kindness and patience. On the other hand, he sometimes hung out with the wrong friends. Not showing patience to everyone like she thought he did. He has a haunted past, that he may not regret, but may not be proud of either. 

Colossians 3:18-25
18Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
19Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.
20Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.
21Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.
22Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. 23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for his wrong, and there is no favoritism.
Ephesians 5:22-33
22Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansingb her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”c 32This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church.33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.


1 Corinthians 7:1-7
1Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry.a 2But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. 3The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4The wife’s body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband’s body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife.5Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6I say this as a concession, not as a command. 7I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.


This is what I've been reading for the past few nights for my own personal devotions. Praying about it too. To know what God wants from me, in a relationship between man and woman. What a marriage is supposed to be. I can only be with someone if I know there's a chance I'm going to marry him someday. If he learns about this someday, and understands it, then I'll believe him and take a chance. Give him a piece of my heart. But for right now, I'm no longer lost in the pretty lights. Yes, the atmosphere around us may seem like a fairytale sometimes, but he and I both need to grow separately before coming together. When I see him, I'll have all this in mind. Mistletoes and magic won't blur my mind anymore. And I owe a little thanks to the friends who keep me grounded and the Lord that gave me everything, including these overprotective friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment