Yeah, I turned my head to look out for you, but you never showed. I'm so used to seeing you, and talking about you to my best friend the previous night didn't help.
Why did I have to go there? I shouldn't have discussed you so candidly. You deserve better. You're so innocent. One of the things I love about you. Then I wonder if I'll even be good for you. What if they're right? We don't belong together. We're so different, but you do make me smile.
You haven't even admitted you like me yet. What am I supposed to do with half-rate confessions? You didn't even say it to me. I see the way you look at me. The little things you let slip when we talk. The smile you have plastered on your face almost as big as mine sometimes. Your footsteps quickening because you just need to get to me that much faster before anyone else does.
My friends are afraid for me. They don't want me getting my heart broken again. But what I'M afraid of is breaking YOUR heart. Because as I'm saying this, I can't even tell you I like you. Maybe it's because you can't either, but I will not commit that easily. My heart and mind is wide open to all the possibilities out there. I will break your heart. In what way? I don't know yet.
I'll face each day as it comes. Solve each problem as it hits me. My own dragons are the hardest to slay, but with God by my side, I can slay the worst of them dragons. I hope to see you tomorrow. I hope you also open up more. Show me there's more to you than what I already know.
I know I promised I wouldn't blog anymore, but I just can't help myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment