I imagine him single. I imagine him thinking of me. I imagine him counting the days to when he gets to see me next. I imagine him calling me. I imagine him at my doorstep. I imagine him staring me in the eyes. I imagine him holding my hand. I imagine him holding me. I imagine him dancing with me. I imagine him laughing at my jokes. I imagine him smiling at the sight of me. I imagine him telling me I'm beautiful. I imagine him with me.
In reality, he's taken. He is not thinking of me. He doesn't look forward to seeing me every week. He calls me for professional reasons. He doesn't know where I live. He looks at me for short periods of time. He's not close enough to hold my hand. He's holding someone else. He's dancing with her. He laughs at my jokes, but turns his attention somewhere else right after. He smiles and gives me a friendly hug when we meet. He tells me I'm a good friend. He accompanies me, but as a friend.
I can't say he belongs with me, but right now, I can't imagine being with anybody else. But he's just a big part of my imagination. A huge part actually :/

No comments:
Post a Comment