I'm always so close to letting those tears stream down my face. It was all about the stress at first. Endless pain and suffering. Sleepless nights and sore body parts. But when it's all over...
I forgot. Oh my goodness! How could I have forgotten. She was watching over me. She must have seen all the trouble I got myself into. I'm also afraid she may have experienced all my bad days with me. These were some really bad days. They made me want to cry myself to sleep. But today was different... Today, she was here.
My mother was here. In a form of a little yellow butterfly. I wasn't here. I was in Bible Knowledge class tonight. When my dad told me the story in the car, I wasn't upset that I was absent in the event of it all. I was close to tears though, because I forgot to think about her on Valentines Day.
My dad's story :
"There was this yellow butterfly flying around the house. It landed on the paper rose Mikaela made. Then Kaela used the real roses on the dining table to try and lure it down. It settled on the rose. *sounds amazed* She took a picture. Then, it flew around again, and landed on the rose. Kaela took another picture. The, I tried it a third time. This time it landed on the flower petals, not the stem. We took another picture. I think this is mummy trying to tell us that we forgot to give her a flower on Valentines Day. *he smiles*"
My reply :
"Her birthday's coming up. Can we go visit her with a lot of flowers? Just us."
Daddy: "Yeah" :)
Tears filled my eyes then. I couldn't help it. No more stressful tears. No more crying myself to sleep because of stress. I'm gonna cry because of this beautiful life I've been blessed with. My mother was here. She is currently watching over me and my family. My dad loves me. And I love him with all my heart. I'm going to build up the courage someday to say " I love you" to him. I promise you this, mummy.
He held me in his arms tonight. I've never been a spoiled brat in a sense that I wasn't overly loved by my parents. But there was always love there. I make sure to kiss him every night. His hugs are my favourite, next to my sister's of course. Tonight, he kissed me back. A nice peck on the cheek. I told him off for not shaving properly. And when I was doing my usual routine of "I don't wanna go to school tomorrow", he held me in his arms and used his hands to stroke my hair back. Then he asked if I've been having any head pains. My mother wasn't the only watching over me, he was too. And he saw, up close, all the stress I was under.
"When's your next doctor's appointment?"
"Soon..."
Unlike all the girls out there guessing whether the boy they like, likes them back, I know for a fact that the man I love, loves me back. My husband will have these expectations to live up to. I will settle for nothing less, because I deserve this much. I deserve love like this.
I love you so, so much mum. I will see you next Sunday 26th February.
Papa, I love you. I seriously do. My heart hurts not because it's breaking, it hurts because I feel your love. It's the best feeling in the world.
Thank you, God. Truly, I am blessed :')

No comments:
Post a Comment