Cast and Crew of "The Bomb"
Okay. So maybe I complained too much during the process of it all. The stress really did become unbearable at times. We were budding heads, holding back anger, fighting to bight back words we knew we'd regret later. But, look at us now...
Our victory wasn't unexpected, nor was it expected either. I can't say it was a beautiful process, it was pretty ugly actually. No blood, but you can count on sweat and tears. I am not exaggerating. I really have come to appreciate my classmates more after this gruesome but awesome project. Come on... Coming up with an original script and acting it out on stage for a competition with the time given of only less than a month? I thought the school was joking! But my classmates were determined. I believe everyone had their fair share of sacrifices through it all, and I'm so grateful for classsmates like these. Truly thankful.
Just to make it clear, we won 2nd Place. We were more than happy. How is this not a victory? We would've been happy placing 3rd. I don't understand how 3rd place winners aren't happy? At least they placed. Imagine how the other classes felt? I got to see up close and personal what disappointment looks like. True disappointment but unnecessary all the same. There are so many talented people in SMKDJ, sometimes it's just hard to shine all at once. I'd also like to make a shout out to two incredible friends of mine who deserve to be acknowledged for all their hard work in their own plays. There wasn't enough love to go around this morning in school, but I really want to share my happiness with
ALYCIA TAN WEI WENN & RAYSHELL WONG RUI EN.
These two beautiful young ladies went out of their way and did their best. It was not just good enough, it was wonderful. Just cause some teachers didn't recognize it, doesn't mean it wasn't a job well done. I really wish they didn't feel so discouraged. You are so amazingly talented, don't doubt that. I believe God blessed the both of you with more than one gift. For one, you've always been there for me. Both of you. I've been looking up to the both of you for years. Truly, I have. I still do. You are great examples not only to your juniors, but to your peers too. And I'm one of those peers that just appreciates your existence in this world. Please, please take some of my happiness and sprinkle it on yourselves. I wanna see you girls smile again. Laugh again.
To 5 Meranti, you guys really did me proud. I think we all did each other proud. Doesn't it feel good to have accomplished something together? :) I am not gonna write an Oscar Worthy Speech here, so I'm just gonna say that I've slowly learnt to love you all. Some of you are harder to love than others, but not impossible. No matter how annoying or how much you get under my skin. I'll be here for any one of you any time of day. I promise to try my best, like I said before ;)
Oh, one small thing I forgot to mention... Guess who won best female performer in the 'non-science' category of dramas? *points at self with two thumbs* THIS GIRL!! :D Yes, I am happy but I am not gonna over-celebrate. I admit I blushed and couldn't stop smiling when the results were announced. (Ps, Thanks Simon for your shoulder, I needed to hide my face somewhere..) I really owe everything to those who had to hear me complain on and on about the stress I was under and my understanding classmates, who by the way, went out of their to buy me 100plus because they thought I looked pale and was about to faint. Can't say that wasn't true though. It could have happened, who knows? Thank you guys, really. My heart goes out to you awesome people.
Today is the 27th of February. Yesterday was the 26th of February. My mother's 44th birthday. How time flies. Thank you mom, I owe everything to you. You carried me through it all. My beautiful guardian angel. Why are you so good to me? I guess I did inherit some of your talent after all ;) I love you mom, so so much. Happy Birthday. I'll see you soon. <3

No comments:
Post a Comment