Saturday, November 12, 2011

I'm taking care of you

I feel so light. Going through the motions of my everyday life. It's a blessing, the life I have. It's beautiful. It's magical. It's a little overrated.

I'm supposedly a good listener. I listen. Period. I care, definitely. It's not like they don't give me a chance to talk, I just don't have anything related to talk about. I crave for a chance to share my stories, my experience. Truth is, I don't really have any. I'm not qualified to advise them. But they trust me, and in return, I'll trust them.

I was so tempted. To just send a message and give him a chance. Just about any suitable him. But I stopped my restless heart, don't worry. I'm just gonna stick to my storybooks and fairy tales. They make me happy:) So, here's one more story for you.

***


"This is no longer amusing," Chelsea said a little too loudly. Cameron was late again. 
Her blood was boiling. She couldn't stand it anymore. Why couldn't he see it? She needed him to grow up. Just grow up! She always asked herself the same questions, why she had to be the strong one, why she had to be the one to grow up before her time, why she'd been put in this position.
"Hey..." he touched her shoulders and gave her his usual irresistible smile.
"Don't!" she shoved him away and the tears in her eyes started streaming down her cheeks. She was always vulnerable when it came to Cameron. It took her great effort to push him away instead of hold on to him. She had always held on. No more...
"Chelsea... I'm here. I'm not going anywhere. Don't push me away now, not now. I need you."
It was the pinnacle of their relationship, and for him to toy with her affections like this...
"Everybody needs something. I can't take care of you anymore. You're supposed to be my equal, my other half. Did it ever occur to you that I might need something?"

Cameron took in as deep of a breath as he could. He suddenly appeared older to her. He had a look of wisdom and knowledge on his face. The most incredible thing was, he looked like he understood. 
"I want to take care of you Chelsea, but you never let me," he said with a calm voice.
Chelsea let his words process in her head for a few seconds before adding, "We're so different. I want to give you up, but I never can. And for some strange reason, you keep coming around. I need you present all the time, not just sometimes, but all the time. You can't be childish one moment and man-up the next."
He took a few steps forward and closed all distance between them. He held on tight just in case she resisted his hold, but she didn't. He kissed the top of her head and whispered in her hair, "You know how I can prove to you I love you and will never leave you, ever?"
She pulled her head away from his shoulder and looked up into his sparkling blue eyes.
He slowly peeled her away from his body by holding her by her arms. As soon as he was certain she was stable enough to stand on her own, he let go of her and a second later, he had one knee on the ground.
Chelsea was going to say something but Cameron knew her too well. Before she could say a word, he said, "Listen, and don't say a word till I'm finished. You feel like you've taken care of me our whole relationship, but the truth is, I've been taking care of you. You need to take care of someone. You can't deny that. No matter how many times you push me away, I'll keep coming back. When you're not looking, I'm nearby watching over you. Making sure you're safe. Because you are the love of my life. As crazy and uptight as you are, I fell for you the first day you agreed to have coffee with me, even if it was a sympathy date. I managed to charm you like I knew I would and then never gave you a chance to let go."
Chelsea giggled a little then.
"I am not a child. I'm responsible and you know that. And right now, the only thing I want to be responsible for is putting this ring on your finger and making you my wife. I will make sure you are taken care of all your life, I mean, our life together. I promise to even bare with your sudden temper flares. I have dreamt of you all my life, and being able to be with you is a dream come true. Ps, if you don't say yes, I'm gonna be forced to be just a little childish and whine until I get what I want." He smiled at her genuinely and there was no trace of the man she once thought she couldn't trust. He was in her life for all eternity. He was in her heart forever. 
"I want you to take care of me, especially when I'm old and gray. So, I say yes, also because I can't bear to hear you whine about what you want over and over again," Chelsea said with an almost composed smile.
"All I want is you. Only you. Always you."

No comments:

Post a Comment