Rushing her little sister to the clinic, the only thing on her mind was "Please Lord, let her be alright. Take away dad's anxiety. Calm us all."
It was 3.30am. The unexpected happened when there was a knock on her bedroom door. First she thought she was in trouble for not being asleep yet at 3 in the morning. She just got too caught up in reading her latest storybook. She expected to see her father outside her door but when she opened her door, what she saw was her sister and her father. The little girl had tears in her eyes and her father got straight to the point where he was taking her to the nearest 24-hour clinic. She put her hand on her sister's forehead. Her skin was burning hot. She could only imagine the pain her sister felt in that moment. Her sister looked straight into her eyes and whispered, "Come with me." She could see the fear and the eyes that begged her again to follow her. "I'm following you," she told her father immediately. She didn't have to think twice. "No, you stay home and get some rest. You're still recovering yourself," her father had said. But she ignored his words and got dressed.
"Lord, please let my sister be alright. Let this just be a mild fever, nothing more. Grant this family peace." She thought of her father then. He was a single dad, raising two daughters, both of which were now sick. "And Lord, take away his anxieties. I'll help in any way I can. I'm a big girl now. He needs me. She needs me. He can't do this alone, and he won't. You're here with us, I just know it. Now, keep us safe. Keep us all safe."
No matter how small you see the situation to be, to me, every prayer answered is a miracle. No prayer is bigger or more important. There are one sentence prayers, there can also be prayers with a mouthful of words. But if you don't mean the words that you say, how do you expect God to take your prayer seriously?
At times like these, I know that God is with me. When I'm focused on my words to Him, he hears me. I know that my dad and sister are praying with me. I'm almost 100% well now. Just need to get my original voice back, if that's even possible. Some people say that when you lose your voice, every time you recover, it's a little different from the original. To me, that's sounds kinda awesome. I lose my voice ever so often, and every time I get it back, I can still sing. So, does that mean that I have a different singing voice every time I lose my voice? That's just cool. But that's beside the point. My sister is still in the healing process. Yes, the whole family caught up on much needed sleep today and tomorrow, we're just gonna spend as much time together as possible. As a family.
Remember, every prayer is important. When you speak to God, it is not just another prayer. It matters, to Him:)

No comments:
Post a Comment