It doesn't matter what she looked like after the cancer got to her, I looked and her and saw my mother. My beautiful mother. Now, I look at her pictures and remember nothing but beauty. I miss her, but I will smile, because she told me to. When the cancer forbade her to smile, I'd smile on her behalf. I can promise you this though, when she could smile, it was the brightest and most genuine smile in the world. To me, at least.
My beautiful sister takes after my mother in many ways. She will love you unconditionally. Her heart is as pure as gold. When I was younger and fell sick, my mother would stop at nothing to see me well again. Now that I'm older, I want to do the same for my sister. But instead, she takes care of me whenever I'm sick. Tucking me into bed, checking my temperature, keeping me warm with blankets. I really couldn't ask for anything more.
A loving wife she was. She saw the beauty in everyone around her. My own father may have taken her for granted, but she never left his side. She forgave him for the past and so have I. I'm still learning from her, even now. My father now never left her side. She loved him and he loved her. It was beautiful to watch. I thank God for him in our lives. As long as he loved her, it was enough for me. No matter how much his words may have hurt me sometimes, I would've never run away knowing this was the family I was running away from. So, I never was that teenager, I stuck around. And I'm glad I did. I hope I find a man that loves me like my father loved my mother one day. Whatever happens, I know my mother will never let me marry the wrong man. She will be watching over me as usual.

I miss my mother, it's as simple as that. People often ask me how I live without a mother at this age. Well, I'll tell you my secret. I live with her in my heart. I talk to her when no one's looking, the same way I talk to God. I constantly picture her in my mind, knowing she's watching over me, because that's what she told me. Her beauty lives on in all of our hearts. Even those who didn't know her. I will tell her story to everyone I know, promise. Nothing is more magical and heartbreaking at the same time. She was my mother. She is my mother. The only mother I will ever have, and I'm forever grateful:)
I love you, mommy:) I see you in my dreams and I wake up feeling like those hugs were real. Hug me again, hold me again. Please...

This is such a poignant article. Made me shed a tear or two. Sam, we love you too and you much remember that.
ReplyDeleteThanks Aunty Jackie. I'll remember that:)
ReplyDelete